Random thoughts on a Saturday night
I had to go to class today. It was an OK class. It is a series that helps to fulfill a requirement for a grant that my school is part of. I did learn that the state does in fact have standards written in a format that is not too difficult to read. They have the learning expectations written out. No one else was able to show them to me. It tells you exactly what the students are expected to have mastered by the end of the school year. So really it tells me the things that I have to teach. This is very helpful because it's hard to know what they wanted me to do. I'm also glad to report that I am meeting or exceeding these standards. Cool bonus.
I hated leaving the kids this morning but I will in fact get paid seven hours for the workshop today. I'm not turning away the money.
My Mother-in-law came over today and Mr. Husband and the kids went with her to take the Bella kitty for another round of shots. I'm sorry that I missed it but also not sorry. It's not fun when something small gets shots. She's been really sleepy since I've been home.
Mr. Husband is in the room with me. He's standing there playing guitar. I love when he just jams out. He really does seem to get lost in the music. It's good that he can play well or it would get really annoying.
I wish that I could play like he does. I keep saying that I should learn. I've been saying this for the last 10 years. If I had only learned to play when I said, I'd be pretty good. At least better than I am. I know about three chords although Mr. Husband has shown me many more. I only remember three. I could almost be a rock star with three chords. I once wrote a song called Prozac and Bong hits but I can't remember how it goes. At least I'm not depressed about it.
I have a bunch of stuff to tye-dye and I'd like to do it soon. I haven't done any in a long time and I'm missing it.
I don't really have a style here. In Old City I started out with a lot of tye-dye and broom stick skirts. I'd like to get back to that but don't know if it's really my style or not. I love the tye-dye and the skirts are definitely comfortable with the weather here. I think my discomfort is in the fact that people will stare at me. I don't care so much if they stare at me but I don't want Mr. Husband or the kids to be embarrassed to be seen with me. I haven't had to deal with this too much because I wear a uniform five days a week. I wear the same pair of pants four days a week and my jeans on Friday. I have several really cool uniform shirt, Thanks Mom! On the weekend I usually just wear my Pajamas. If I go out of the house I wear my uniform pants and a golf shirt. I've thought about buying some cords and seeing if that would be an acceptable compromise. My Mother-in-law got me a gift certificate to J.C. Penny's for Christmas. I think that it was so I could get my eye brows waxed in the salon there but I might just get pants.
Thinking of eye brows. I bought tweezers. They work well but it hurts when I pull hairs out of my head. I'm still figuring out a way to shape my brow without it looking dumb. I'm starting out slow so I don't like bald above the eyes.
At school the librarian was telling me about these girls that donated their hair to locks of love. I wanted to tell her that I'm growing my hair so that I can donate it but it's supposed to be something that I'm doing for others and feels weird bragging about it. It's really starting to get longer. It doesn't all fall out when I attempt a pony tail. I set three years of growth as my goal. That means that I will have it cut off when the twins are 5 years old. It freaks me out to think that they will be five years old in only three years. It also freaks me out to think that I'm not going to just chop it all off in that amount of time. I can't wait to be able to braid it and not just in Pippy Long Stocking fashion.
I have a butt load of cleaning to do tomorrow. It seems like it is getting messier faster than it used too. I know it's because the twins are older but it's still a pain in the butt. They do not do a good job cleaning up after themselves and I'm starting to fall into the trap where I'd rather just do it than have to suffer with them taking forever to do a crappy job. I know that this is a dangerous path to start down. They will never learn to clean up after themselves unless I teach them how to and expect them and make them do it themselves. It's just so hard to be consistent all of the time.
I get really bored and frustrated about having to be consistent all of the time. All day at work I have to be fair and follow rules and enforce lots of little kids to do the same. Then I come home and have to do the same thing here. It makes me want to stamp me feet and cry that it's not fair. But then I'd have to put myself in time out and nothing would get done.
I want to get another pet for my classroom. We are reading the book the Frog Princess and I'm thinking of getting a frog. The kids would love it and it would be super cool but I have a problem with me having frogs for pets. They eat crickets and I'd have to put the crickets in there for them to eat. I can't do that. I feel to bad for the crickets and then the frogs would die and then I'd feel guilty. So for now I only feel guilty about all of my imagined guilt instead of feeling guilty about actually killing something.
Last weekend #1 son got a new fish. This would bring his fish count up to two. The day after he got the fish things were looking good. The next morning I could only find one fish. The big one that has been in there for months. It seems that the new one has committed suicide and has thrown itself against the filter. #1 Son hasn't figured this out. I haven't told him but I'm kinda hoping that he forgets about the new/dead fish all together. I'm not going to lie and replace it with a different one or say that it ran away but I'm not bringing it to his attention.
I have three fish in my tank at school. One male and two females. The females both look like they may be pregnant and I would love it they would have lots of fishy babies but I swear that they are having babies and eating them before I can see. They are tricky like that.
It's actually a little chilly outside right now. Probably in the high 50's so nothing crazy but the windows are open and I'm starting to feel it. I'm not going to close the window or change out of my shorts because I'm enjoying the feeling of being cold. It only happens to me here when I set the air conditioner to low at work and freeze the kids out. I think it's funny when that happens but worry that my boss will come in and complain about energy conservation. Or come in and not say something and then I'll be paranoid because that's how I feel when we are around each other.
I thinks that's all for tonight. I'd be shocked if many of you made it this far but I'm glad if you did. I love the comments that you leave and read them everyday. I'm sorry that I made so many of you cry. I think that it's cool but sorry that you did. :)
2 comments:
You should never be sorry for tears of happiness.
Freeze the tweeze and use the wax.
Another pair of pants seems like a necessity.
It is not a purely good deed if you brag about your good intentions. It is because you are doing it for others and not yourself.
Dead fish happen. Son and I flushed three after the power outage. He gave a beautiful eulogy and that was that. It is okay.
Now that you bring up frustration with consistency, I have to say I agree. It is much easier being a single mother of one than a married mother of three. I have the ability to much more consistent on a regular basis because of my situation. I am sorry that life can be so darned hard!
Okay. 50 is a decent chill. Congratulations!
Sweetheart, you wear what ever it is that makes you happy. If you are unhappy in the clothes you wear you will never feel comfortable which will lead to unhappiness. Your family will love you no matter what. Maybe your family being okay with you is a lesson they are to learn in their life. BE HAPPY first and foremost.
I love you!
Madame Dragonfly
Post a Comment