Sunday, December 24, 2006

Twas' the night before the night before christmas...

It is now officially Christmas Eve. It is 1:08 in the morning as I begin typing this and I have just recently returned from shopping. Yes, I am insane.

My mom wanted to get the last few things on her shopping list and wanted to do it tonight versus waiting until tomorrow when everyone else in the world will be shopping. I was hesitant to go this late at night but could not talk her out of it.

Mr. Husband made me a wonderful alcoholic drink and my mom drove to Walmart. I hate Walmart. I'm sure that I have mentioned this several times so it isn't shocking to hear.

I was shocked to find how many people were also shopping at that time of night. For some strange reason I assumed that we would be the only ones insane enough to be at the stores at that hour. I was very, very mistaken.

I am always amazed at the fact that some people will wait until the very last moment to go Christmas shopping. Some years I will have one of two last minute things that I want to get but never a lot of stuff. I was shocked at the number of people that had their carts filled to the top. The store was so full that you would never have been able to tell that it was the at night. There were even small children with people!

We found the last few things that we needed, Me the cookie tins that we have been looking everywhere for and my mom a few little things that I can not say in case certain people were to read this blog, just at midnight. It turns out that at midnight they stop all of the registers and have to have a manager close the register and restart it for the day. It took several minutes for this process to happen.

Thankfully we are home now and can finally go to sleep like the majority of sane people.

No comments: