Beware the playground!!!
Today is November 1st. Only 21 days until the twins turn two years old. I am amazed anew everyday with the things that they are learning. Marley has started peeing on the potty. Morgan is really starting to understand what I'm talking to him about. They are so loving and caring and playful. It fills my heart to overflowing.
There is a tennis court across the parking lot here and I find that it's a great place to go kick the soccer balls. They can't kick hard enough to damage the net and since it's fenced in, they can run around without me having to freak out all of the time. Middle Child, Baby Girl and I went to the court before dinner tonight. We were having fun but then two people came up and had the audacity to want to play tennis. We were polite and left before they had to ask but still people. This is my playground!!
It really was OK because just beside the tennis court is a little playground that is also fenced in. I usually skip it because it's always muddy and the slid gets too hot but it was better to put up with that than to return home with so little exercise for the evening. The twinnies were having fun on the slide, which was not burning the skin off of their legs this time, and I was sitting and trying to ignore them to read a book.
There is a little teeter-tooter they they love. Middle Child put his belly on it to climb up but jumped back and grabbed his belly. He didn't say anything and went back to playing.
A few minutes later the twinnies came back to the tooter and said, "Up." I walked over, picked my Middle Child and a wasp fly out and landed on his shorts. I put Middle Child down and of course he decides to try to run away so when he took a step, it folded the wasp into his pants. Luckily it flew away with stinging him.
I said that it was time to go and they just walked away. It was great timing for them to listen.
I'm allergic to stings and really can't afford to have any more. I don't have an epi pen but one more sting and I'm going to need one real bad. I don't want to mess with it.
We got back to the apartment and it was an hour until I noticed that when Middle Child had grabbed his belly, it was because he had been stung. He had a little mark on his belly and it got a little red but it really wasn't bad. I felt bad but he didn't seem to mind the sting.
I'm hoping that it wasn't too bad because it was through his shirt but I felt so sorry that I didn't notice what was going on when it happened. I know that he didn't cry or even seem upset but I want to keep them safe from things like that and than I missed it until after he had been stung.
No mom of the year award here. At least not this year.
Oh and by the way, #1 Son got in trouble again today. This is three days in a row now. He was swinging his lunch box around and hit someone on the head. I'm so tired of having to be mean to this kid. I want to be nice!!!
1 comment:
You are Mom of the year! You have 3 kiddos and I can't control my 2! Your kids are very nice(when they aren't hitting people on the head) and I love to get cuddles. Hello! I love that #2 and #3 can say my name(just the same way you did when we were little!) adn tell me that they love me. #1 rocks also! I get to call and tell him how disappointed I am that he was naughty and he actually cares! Hello, do you think that my 2 listen as well? NO! You rock manyella
Post a Comment