The 100th blog
It is tradition in the blogosphere to tell 100 things about yourself on your 100th blog.
1. My first name is Danielle.
2. I was named after my godfather.
3. His name is Daniel.
4. My middle name is Marie.
5. I am also named after my godmother.
6. Her name is Donna Marie.
7. I have one sister.
8. Her name is Jamie.
9. She is 27 years old.
10. She will be 28 in January.
11. I am married to Mr. Husband.
12. We were married on May 20th, 2000.
13. We met during the first month of college.
14. We met because I had a crush on his roommate.
15. I get embarrassed when people know that story.
16. We started dating on October 31, 1996.
17. This week we will have been together for 10 years.
18. Mr. Husband is my best friend.
19. I have two other very close friends, Tracy and Heather-Mommy.
20. I met Tracy my first semester in college.
21. We went on a few dates together before I met Michael.
22. I'm retarded and didn't realize that we were going on dates.
23. We remained friends even though I'm retarded.
24. Tracy was in my wedding.
25. I haven't seen her since my baby shower for Dexter.
26. I still think about her everyday and miss her dearly.
27. Heather-Mommy and I met because we worked at the same school together.
28. Our schedules were different and we really didn't see each other.
29. We only became friends after she gave herself a concussion and I drove her to her house so her then husband could take her to the emergency room and later I picked her son up from daycare because she was still in the emergency room.
30. Her son is only 6 days younger than mine.
31. Her son is #1 son's best friend.
32. Her son and #1 son are my first set of twins because they are so alike.
33. I am a teacher.
34. My degree is a Bachelors of Science of Education.
35. My major was Early Childhood Education.
36. I didn't start out with that major.
37. I started out as a Chemistry Education major.
38. I failed almost every single class my first semester in college.
39. The only class that I passed was Chemistry.
40. I only received a D.
41. I was suspended from the college for a semester because of my grades.
42. I went to community college the next semester and lived at my parents house and worked.
43. I worked at Radio Shack during that time.
44. I loved my job at Radio Shack but was very motivated to go back to school.
45. Most people thought that the motivation was to not have to work at a job like Radio Shack for the rest of my live.
46. They are incorrect in assuming that. It was to prove that I could get a degree.
47. I sometimes dream of going back to a job like that.
48. I returned to my University the next semester.
49. I learned that the credits that I took at community college would not transfer correctly to my University.
50. I went to school year round after that.
51. I graduated after 4.5 years of college from terrible start to excellent finish.
52. My GPA that last semester was a 4.0.
53. I did one of my student teaching placements in London.
54. I loved London and the only reason that I returned was for Mr. Husband.
55. I found out that I was pregnant with #1 son while I was in London.
56. I told Mr. Husband over the phone.
57. I spent a few weeks traveling around Europe before I came home.
58. I had terrible morning sickness.
59. I've thrown up in more Major European cities than most people ever visit.
60. I think that Venice smells bad.
61. I'd like to return there with Mr. Husband and see if it's more fun with him.
62. We could spend lazy mornings in bed and then see the sites and have fabulous food at night.
63. The last time that I was there, I played cards on the streets with my roommate.
64. I don't like Paris.
65. I think that there's too much dog poop on the side walks of Paris.
66. I didn't get to visit the Louver and regret that.
67. I grew up in the country.
68. I'm a city girl.
69. I didn't know that I wasn't a country girl until I moved away.
70. There are many plain people where I grew up. Mennonites, Amish, Brethren...
71. It is a very religiously and politically conservative place.
72. I am not a conservative.
73. I'm a wild, crazy liberal that has many socialist beliefs.
74. I have considered running for public office but don't think that I would want to be in such a public job.
75. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
76. I love working with kids but can't imagine retiring from teaching.
77. I've been really thinking about a career change but have so many possibilities that I can not narrow it down at all.
78. I am a naturally bright person and would be talented at many different professions.
79. I don't want to be talented.
80. I want to be fulfilled.
81. I also want to make money.
82. A shit-load of money.
83. I've considered being a lawyer.
84. I don't think that it would be fulfilling but it would eventually make me a shit-load of money.
85. I think that I really just want to be a stay-at-home mother to many children.
86. I would have at least six children if Mr. Husband would let me.
87. I sincerely doubt that Mr. Husband would let me.
88. I had serious complications from the c-section when #1 son was born.
89. My incision became infected and I had to pack it with a special gauze to help it heal.
90. I had a high thresh hold for pain before that but now I do not.
91. I probably only have one more pregnancy in me.
92. I would love to adopt a rainbow tribe of children.
93. I would like to foster children and then adopt them
94. We are in debt and have a three bedroom apartment.
95. I don't see Mr. Husband agreeing to a pregnancy, adoption or foster for a long time.
96. I will find that I occasionally panic because I can not find all four of my children.
97. I only have three so I'm panicking over a child that I do not have.
98. I don't feel relief after that, only sadness for the child that I do not have.
99. My hair is red.
100. When I was a child, I would say that my name is Danielle Marie Football Batman Robin.
I thought that this would be difficult to write but it was actually very easy for me. I will need to work on including more information from my past as well as blogging about current things.
Thank you for returning to my blog. My mother is out of the hospital now and at home. She suffered a pulminary embloism. A blood clot passed through her heart and is lodged in her lung. She also found out that she has high cholesterol and diabetes. This is in addition to other medical problems that she has been living with. We have spent the last two days driving from one doctor's appiontment to the next. We haven't been able to just go back to her house and sleep. She has four appointments on Monday alone.
I will be flying back to New City tomorrow and plan to continue on my former blogging schedule. Please continue to return each day for your update about my life. I feel a new chapter of my life beginning. I'm not sure what but I feel like change is in the air. Keep reading.
Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to the next 100+.
Many thanks,
Danielle
3 comments:
Sending your mom hugs, hope she's doing well. Please call me - I have way too much to tell you and I don't know you're #. I am totally touched that I made it into your blog. Love you gambit.
1.She had imaginary friends names Shaggy and Dorney
2.My mom doesn't remember saying that they had to leave and then telling us that they were hit by a bus.Danielle doesn't remember it either. I do.
3.She was once recognied as a member of my fathers family based on the color of her hair alone- at the mall no less!
4.She used to squeeze my kidneys untill I screamed (but I'd claw the shit out of her arm first most of the time, she still has the scars)
5. Despite tht she has procreated for my pleasure alone- I love being an Aunt
6. She loves very hard and very much
7. I love her and miss her
8. She is the best sister ever.
Post a Comment