My brain and ass hurt
It's true. My brain and ass hurt. One of them hurt for a reason that I can clearly identify the other I can not.
I was stuck in traffic on Friday. The kind of traffic where you are allowed to drive 3-10 miles per hour. To those that drive a manual that means between first and second gear. My ass hurts because of how many times I had to use the clutch in the car. It was a lot and my butt is really really sore. I keep looking in the mirror to see if it looks any perkier. I doesn't. I can't help but think that it might be to my advantage to get stuck in traffic twice a week for at least 30 minutes per set.
My brain also hurts. Now I know that your brain is not supposed to be able to hurt like this because there is not supposed to be nerve endings in there. (What is a headache then?) This is not like a headache. This feels like I pulled a muscle in my skull. I was swimming this afternoon. I did a handstand underwater and my feet flipped the wrong direction. Not a big deal but a little bit of water went up my noise. Again not a big deal, that happens sometimes when you are swimming. I was standing in the water trying to breath normally after the gush of water when I had a sudden stabbing pain to the head. It was located to the left side of my brain. At the back of my crown. It felt like someone had just hit me with a large...I don't know something. I took two steps toward the steps of the pool and noticed that I was walking the wrong way. Instead of going straight I was walking to my right. Not good.
I got out of the pool and sat down on a chair. I leaned back and really, quite badly wanted to go to sleep. I had slept in this morning and had not felt sleepy until this happened. Again, not good. I know that when you have a concussion that you are not supposed to go to sleep. So I decided to apply this same rule to this situation.
This all happened several hours ago and I'm not really feeling much better. I'm really hoping that sleep will make everything better. Only time will tell but I think that I'll help time with a couple of advils as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment