Thursday, June 15, 2006

Children, Children everywhere but not a butt to beat

Teaching is hard work. There is just no doubt about it. I get paid to teach children how to read, write, understand science, social studies and math. I do not get paid to teach them manners, ettiquette, respect, responsibility and tolarance of others. I just throw those things in for free. Not because I'm nice just because it makes my day more pleasant.

The end of the school year is a time of mixed emotions. I'm blown away by how much my children have learned. I will miss them on occassion. Like when I see a picture of them or have had to much alcohol to drink. I am excited about summer coming when I will have a chance to actually get to see my own, biological children. Although this summer will be much shorter because of the move and the difference of when the school year ends here and begins there. Mostly it's just relief that the school year is over.

The end of the year is difficult because the children are so excited that they can not help but scream, jump and never sit on their chair and listen. I still have four days of school left and I intend to actually do some teaching between now and the end of the year. Which means that I do not get to enjoy my time with them. I just get to yell more.

I'm tired of my own voice.

No comments: